With more than 15,000 DAkkS-accredited anemometer calibrations annually, the WindGuard Wind Tunnel Centre is the first choice for many manufacturers and developers worldwide. Our four Calibration Wind Tunnels are accredited and officially recognised by the NMI (National Metrology Institute), which regularly performs comparative measurements here. At our Wind Tunnel Centre, you can find the German national standard for the unit of "meters per second" in air currents.
Through experience with over 300 different types of sensors, their own research, and participation in all relevant bodies of the wind industry, Wind Guard secures for now, and in the future, its global leadership in Anemometer Calibration. If you are looking to buy calibrated sensors, please get in touch with Catharina Herold.
- Designed for the calibration of wind measurement sensors as well as for research
- High homogeneity of the ambient flow: ~ 0.1%
- Deviation from the reference MEASNET speed: ~ 0.2%
- In full accordance with IEC 61400/2013
- Reference wind tunnel for the PTB for the unit m/s
Our wind tunnels are among the world's most accurate and are specifically designed for the calibration of anemometers and wind vanes. All of our wind tunnels are of the Göttingen-type (closed circuit, total length 38m). Measurements can be performed using both open and closed test sections. The test section measures 1m x 1m x 1.8m, and is ideal for the precise measurement of wind measurement sensors.
- Wind velocity range according to IEC: 4-16 m/s
- Possible flow velocity range: 0.3 - 40 m/s
- Uncertainty in flow velocity below 10 m/s: 0.025 m/s
- Uncertainty in flow velocity above 10 m/s: 0.25%